UFC 126 Silva Vs. Belfort Latest Updates – UFC 126 features two of the top middleweight division fighters who will clash for the UFC Middleweight Championship belt. Anderson “The Spider” Silva, who according to many, is the number one pound for pound fighter in the world and is the current UFC Middleweight Champion, is set to defend his belt against the very talented and dangerous, Vitor “The Phenom” Belfort.
In Silva’s most recent title defense, he was dominated by Chael Sonnen for almost the entire fight but he was able to successfully defend his title via triangle choke on the fifth and final round. Silva needs to bring his best performance today because he will be facing a fighter that is entirely different from his previous opponents. Vitor Belfort may be the most dangerous contender for Silva’s title to date.
Before the Middleweight championship fight between Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort, two exciting light heavyweight fights will take place. The highly touted, Jon “Bones” Jones is set to take on the Ultimate Fighter winner and undefeated, Ryan “Darth” Bader. These two fighters are definitely two of the future superstars in the light heavyweight division. Bader said he is not afraid of the flashiness of Jones. Jones, on the other hand, said he has more weapons as compared to Bader. Jones said Bader only has knock out power on both hands as compared to his wide array of strikes including elbows and knees. This will be a very exciting fight.
The co-main event of UFC 126 Silva Vs Belfort will be the bout between the Ultimate Fighter winner and former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, Forrest Griffin, and the former UFC Middleweight Champion, Rich “Ace” Franklin. Both are outstanding strikers and both seem to be a mirror of each other. This fight will boil down as to who is the tougher and more prepared fighter.
For UFC 126 Silva Vs. Belfort latest updates, stay put for updates on the fight results.
Latest updates on the main card fights: (fight results)
- Miguel Torres defeated Antonio Banuelos via Unanimous Decision (3 rounds).
- Jake Ellenberger defeated Carlos Eduardo Rocha via Split Decision (3 rounds).
- Jon Jones defeated Ryan Bader via guillotine choke (2nd round). During the post fight interview, Jon Jones was declared as the number 1 contender for the UFC Light Heavyweight title since Rashad Evans just recently had an injury. Jon Jones will be facing Mauricio Shogun Rua for the title on UFC 128.
- Forrest Griffin defeated Rich Franklin via Unanimous Decision (3 rounds) – Round 1: Griffin controlled the fight by taking down Franklin and maintaining top position mixing up punches and elbows. Round 2: It was more of a stand up fight except for a few attempts of Griffin to take Franklin’s back. Franklin was tagged a bit in one exchange but struck a few body kicks and punches as well. Pretty even round though. Round 3: Another striking round. Both men scrambled for better positions on the ground. Both men gave their all exchanging punches and kicks.
- Anderson Silva defeated Vitor Belfort via knock out (front kick and punches) (1st round). Silva retains the UFC Middleweight championship belt.