My wife and I love to go to the mall. We love shopping and eating out. Before we had a child, we used to go to the mall on a weekly basis. We were kind of addicted to it. Good thing we are living in a place that is surrounded by shopping malls. Shopping near my location can be as easy as it can gets when you are just five to ten minutes away from the mall. Just like the Guitar Center store, it has lots of branches covering many areas across the region, giving access to a wide array of music artists and enthusiasts.
I have been an advocate of minimalism for quite a while and yet I still haven’t fully embraced it. I’ve been reading a lot of blog articles about minimalism. I have also followed a bunch of minimalist bloggers and I’ve seen self-help videos about minimalism. But if you were to ask me now as to where I have progressed as a minimalist, I will say I have yet to scratch the surface. That is how far I am towards becoming a full-pledged minimalist.
I still have lots of clutter in my life. I spend a lot on things. I update my car and gadgets frequently. I’ve also been buying a lot of clothes and shoes. I have tons of unread books already collecting dust in our old home. I’ve kept some personal items and other seemingly useless stuff just for the sake of satisfying my “what if I will need this in the future” concern.
So much to eliminate. So much to clean. So much to sort and think about. Seems like a daunting task to me.
And yet I realised, it is quite simple and easy to become a minimalist. Just think of this one key principle. Does this item/object/belonging add value to my life? I can only answer either “yes” or “no” for each item. No but’s and maybe’s. That is the strict rule. My plan is to work on one specific area or clutter at a given time. I will start doing this as soon as possible. I must not procrastinate about this (this one deserves its own blog article).
I’ll keep you informed of my progress.
Now is the time of the year when we choose fresh new blogs that emerge and gain strong followers in the world wide web. These are the blogs which started in May 2014 up to the present and has 20 posts or more and become influential in their own niches.
Since I’m into blogging and I love to post my insights online, I admire those bloggers who starting up their blogs and share interesting stories to their readers and followers. So glad that there is a special awards like this every year dubbed as The Emerging Influential Blogs spearheaded by the digital online Master Ms. Janette Toral which recognizes new but influential bloggers in the online market. Therefore, I want also to become part of it by choosing the best new blogs.
And here are my Top 5 picks for this year:
1. Runner Rocky – A blogger who turned runner and shares his running experiences in this new blog. I’m an avid follower of his blogs before and I witnessed his success story in terms of blogging. So proud that Rocky who is now more known as “Runner Rocky” continuously inspires not only online readers and netizens but runners and fitness enthusiasts as well!
2. Take Off Philippines – I love to travel. I’ve already visited different places here and outside the country. And this blog caught my attention simply because it brings me to the different places and inspires me to taste some good food. The creativity of this blog is also simply amazing!
3. XolXol – This blog makes me laugh out loud with the different interesting stories it shares.
4. Girl, Unspotted – This is another travel blog and it focuses on places here in the Philippines. It encourages readers of all ages to travel and experience the beauty of our country.
5. Merry Mommy May – Cool name, “Triple M” from a mommy blogger. It promotes close family ties with a touch of fashion and beauty.
They were all truly amazing emerging new blogs! Agree? Well, you can also send your picks. Check out the details and mechanics of this awards HERE.
This writing project is brought to us by:
Digital Influencers Marketing Summit
Certified E-Commerce Specialist, Entrepreneur, and Professional Program
Alfox Printing Services
One Network ECommerce
Continue your passion for blogging top bloggers!
This is one of my goals when I return to my home. I’ve only enjoyed my new home for just a couple of months and I still have lots of plans with it. And as the title suggests, I will be building my own library/office/study nook. It doesn’t have to be a closed area. I am planning to simply put some book shelves that will carry all my books waiting to be read. I’ll buy a modern stand lamp, an office table or just a comfortable reading chair. The shelves need not be a very big and expensive furniture with 48 in drawer slides where I can put tons of stuff. It will simple be rows of platforms that are wide enough to house my books. I will need to talk to my wife about this. She will definitely give her approval about the idea but we’ll have to agree on the designs.